Costco has rolled out three separate shopping events all throughout November to kick off its Black Friday sale. You can expect discounts on everything from food for your holiday meal plans to savings on last-minute gift ideas. Of course, you can also find unbeatable savings on tech and kitchen gadgets.
Black Friday Sale from November 15 – 29
Technically, these Costco early Black Friday deals are valid until the 29th, but we don’t expect the popular tech and gift deals to stick around that long. Shoppers are scrambling to find presents to give this holiday season due to the supply chain issues, so don’t wait until the last minute to snag deals.
You can view all three advertisements here, along with helpful comments on what to buy and what not to buy from Slickdeals’ deal hunters.
Here are a few favorites from Costco’s Holiday Savings flyer:
- Apple MacBook Air 13.3″ – Sale Price: $1,099.99 | Reg. Price: $1,199.99
- Samsung 12.2″ Touchscreen 2-in-1 Chromebook Bundle – Sale Price: $269.99 | Reg. Price: $519.99
- LG – NANO85 Series – 4K UHD LED LCD TVs – Sale Price: $949.99-$1,399.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4″ Tablet 64GB – Sale Price: $159.99 | Reg. Price: $259.99
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro – Sale Price: $139.99 | Reg. Price: $189.99
Costco’s Black Friday Sale Starting November 25th
Costco warehouses will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but you can still find a few online savings launching that day:
- LG 86″ Class – NANO85 Series – 4K UHD LED LCD TV – Sale Price: $1,999.99 + $200 Costco Shop Card | Reg. Price: $2,199.99
- MSI Prestige 14” 1080p Laptop – Sale Price: $749.99 | Reg. Price: $899.99
- HP Pavilion 15.6” 1080p Touchscreen Laptop – Sale Price: $749.99 | Reg. Price: $899.99
From November 26 – 29, find these deals in-warehouse or online:
- Samsung 32” Class 4K UHD Curved Monitor – Sale Price: $199.99 | Reg. Price: $249.99
- HP 17.3″ Touchscreen Laptop – Sale Price: $499.99 | Reg. Price: $599.99
- VIZIO M51a-H6 36″ 5.1 Channel Home Theater Sound System – Sale Price: $189.99 | Reg. Price: $299.99
- Ring Alarm 10-Piece Kit – Sale Price: $129.99 | Reg. Price: $229.99
- NutriBullet Blender Combo – Sale Price: $69.99 | Reg. Price: $99.99
- Dyson V10 Animal+ Cordless Stick Vacuum – Sale Price: $349.99 | Reg. Price: $449.99
- Beats Studio Buds True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds – Sale Price: $99.99 + $10 Digital Apple Gift Card | Reg. Price: $149.99
Earliest Black Friday Deals from November 1 – 14
Starting November 1st, Costco has early Black Friday deals mixed in with the typical warehouse monthly deals. The most notable deals include the Samsung 85″ Class – Q7 Series – 4K UHD QLED LCD TV, which can be purchased early on October 27th for under $2,000 (worth $800 in savings). As well as $700 off the Samsung 25.1 cu. ft. 3-Door French Door Refrigerator with Family Hub — if you are lucky enough to find it in stock.
Here are other kitchen and tech deals that are also worth checking out:
- KitchenAid® 6 qt Professional Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer – Sale Price: $279.99 | Reg. Price: $379.99
- Sur La Table 13 qt Air Fryer – Sale Price: $79.99 | Reg. Price: $119.99
- Kwikset Halo Touch Smart Wi-Fi Lock with Matching Lever – Sale Price: $199.99 | Reg. Price: $239.99
- Dell Inspiron 13.3″ FHD+ Laptop – Sale Price: $699.99 | Reg. Price: $899.99
- LG gram 15.6″ 1080p Laptop – Sale Price: $749.99 | Reg. Price: $999.99
Do I Need To Be a Costco Member to Shop on Black Friday?
No, you don’t need a Costco membership to enjoy Black Friday savings at the warehouse.
There will be members-only items that are only available to members, but everything else is fair game online if you don’t have a Costco membership. If you aren’t a Costco member, you should expect a 5% surcharge.
What Time Does Costco Open on Black Friday and Thanksgiving 2021?
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday hours: As early as 9 a.m. for most stores
Costco’s brick-and-mortar locations will again be closed on Thanksgiving Day as they have in previous years, but you can still continue to shop online. Costco stores are open as early as 9 a.m. on Black Friday, which is on November 26th. Location hours may vary, so check with your local store. Closing times will likely stay the same (8:30 p.m. on weekdays and 6 p.m. on weekends).
What Are the Best Things to Buy at Costco on Black Friday?
Whether you are a regular Costco shopper or snagged a membership just for an awesome tech deal, you will find markdowns in nearly every category — from cooking to garage organization. Studying the past Black Friday deals, Costco historically has had the best markdowns in these categories:
- Tech & Electronics: Everyone’s favorite deals at Costco are the Smart TV and laptop discounts. Costco’s free tech warranty can’t be beaten, and the store’s hassle-free, no-questions-asked returns mean you will never be stuck with a purchase you hate.
- TVs: If you’re looking for another 4K TV to add to your home, Costco is the best place for it. Not only does Costco have several competitive Black Friday TV deals this year, but when you buy tech from Costco, you receive an additional manufacturer warranty, as well as the protection of Costco’s generous return policy. To stay on top of the latest sales and deals from Costco, set up a Deal Alert.
- Big Appliances: If you are in need of an appliance update like a refrigerator, washer, dryer or stove, Black Friday is the best time to save big at Costco. Not only will you get a huge discount, but you can also enjoy Costco’s extra-long 4-year warranty on appliances. The only catch is that Costco only has a handful of brands and models compared to the wider appliance selections at Best Buy or Lowe’s.
- Food: Don’t underestimate the food deals on Black Friday. You can stock up on meat items like prime beef loin top and chicken breast packages, which can last you quite a while if you have the freezer space to store them.
More Ways to Save at Costco on Black Friday
Shopping at Costco—at least in person—requires a membership. If you splurge on either the Business Executive ($120) or the Gold Star Executive ($120) memberships, you get extra benefits on select Costco services.
Both the Business Executive and the Gold Star Executive memberships provide an annual 2% reward on eligible Costco and Costco travel purchases.
If you aren’t too fond of paying a membership fee, there is a way around it altogether: Costco Cash Cards. A Costco member will have to purchase one for you or re-load an existing gift card, but using one lets you score members-only prices both in-store and online! One drawback? The costs are 5% higher online when you don’t have an actual membership.
Be sure to check out more great Costco deals every month through our Costco Coupon Book breakdown.
Never Miss Out on a Costco Sale
Everybody will have access to the 2021 Costco Black Friday ad scan when it comes out, but what makes the Slickdeals experience different is our community of deal experts. Every deal in the Costco ad scan can turn into a deal thread that our community comments and votes on, making it easier for you to distinguish between great and not-so-great Black Friday deals.
To stay on top of the latest Black Friday ad scans for 2021, download the Slickdeals app to get push notifications when your favorite stores release their Black Friday ads. Make your online Black Friday shopping easier this holiday season with our Browser Extension, which lets you see the best coupons and deals as you shop.
Don’t forget to set a Deal Alert for Costco to be notified when new discounts are revealed. And for coverage of the hottest holiday shopping deals this year, be sure to check out our Black Friday Deal Hub for information on offers from all your favorite retailers.