Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 5 minutes
With its versatility and portability, the iPad has become a go-to device for many people. Apple’s iPads come in various sizes and capabilities, which cater to different needs and budgets. Since Apple updates its devices almost every year, many authorized Apple retailers put the previous years’ models on sale.
The suggested retail price for the most affordable iPad in the market comes at $329, but you can score some discounts – especially during Black Friday, which lands on November 25, 2022. However, iPad deals and sales could extend until Cyber Monday, or November 28.
While Apple store sales are rare, other authorized retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, Costco, and Walmart will typically hold sales. Keep reading to discover some of the best iPad Black Friday deals you can expect this 2022.
Current iPad Deals & Sales (Updated 10/26/22)
If you want to know how much an iPad Air costs on Black Friday or the range of discount rates you could expect on an iPad Mini, use the information below to help plan your budget.
The iPad Black Friday 2022 deals are not yet out, but here are a few similar deals currently on the market.
- 10.2-inch Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB, Renewed) — Sale Price: $209 | Reg. Price: $329.99
- This refurbished 10.2-inch Apple iPad has 32GB of memory storage, powered by 3GB RAM and the A10 Fusion chip. The iPad has a max screen resolution of 2048×1536, with an estimated battery life of 10 hours per full charge. This refurbished iPad unit is thoroughly checked by Amazon, and it comes with a 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee that allows you to return or refund the device if you encounter functional issues. You could get this 10.2-inch Apple iPad in Space Gray color.
- 2021 8.3-inch Apple iPad Mini (Wi-Fi, 64GB) — Sale Price: $399.99 | Reg. Price: $499
- Fueled by Apple’s A15 Bionic chip with Neural Engine, the 2021 iPad Mini is a powerful device that offers you amazing portability. It also comes with a Liquid Retina display and landscape stereo speakers. This iPad Mini is also capable of a 5G connection and can be used with an Apple Pencil (2nd generation). The 2021 8.3-inch Apple iPad Mini s available in Gray, Pink, Purple, and Starlight colors.
- 2021 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro (Wi-Fi, 128GB, Renewed) — Sale Price: $732.99 | Reg. Price: $899.00
- The 2021 Apple iPad Pro comes with the powerful M1 chip, 8GB RAM, and 128GB worth of memory storage. It offers a 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display, with a max screen resolution of 2732×2048. This 2021 12.9-inch Apple iPad Pro, which you could get in Space Gray color, is a refurbished unit. The unit is fully functional and comes with the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee that allows you to return or refund the product if you discover any issues.
- 2022 10.9-inch Apple iPad Air (Wi-Fi, 64GB) — Sale Price: TBA | Reg. Price: $559
- Powered by Apple’s flagship M1 chip, the 2022 Apple iPad Air comes with a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display and an all-day battery life. This iPad Air also offers support for Magic Keyboard, 2nd generation Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard Folio. You could get the 2022 10.9-inch Apple iPad Air in Blue, Pink, Purple, Starlight, and Space Gray colors.
- 2021 10.2-inch Apple iPad (Wi-Fi, 64GB) — Sale Price: $TBA| Reg. Price: $299
- The latest Apple iPad packs more power and functions while offering the same affordability. The 2021 10.2-inch Apple iPad, powered by Apple’s A13 Bionic chip with Neural Engine, provides support for the Apple Pencil (1st generation) and Smart Keyboard. You could get the 2021 Apple iPad in Space Gray color.
Our 2022 iPad Sale Predictions
With Apple already having released their new iPhone 14 lineup, the announcement regarding the new iPads could be in line too. The 2022 Apple iPad Air is the only new iPad introduced to the public so far, which means that we might be getting the latest iPad Mini, iPad Pro, and the budget-friendly iPad just before Black Friday.
Apple iPad Black Friday 2022 Price Expectations – by Slickdeals
- Apple iPad (10”) – Around $250.
- iPad Air – Around $500.
- iPad Pro (11”) – Around $600.
- iPad Pro (12”) – Around $750.
The iPad Black Friday 2022 deals could consist of big discounts on the 2021 versions of the iPad Mini and the more affordable 10.2-inch iPad. The iPad Mini Black Friday 2022 deals could see the price of the 6th and 5th-generation models go down, so stocks could run out fast. The 2021 iPad Pro’s cost could also decrease, although its hefty price tag might not gain much attention from Black Friday shoppers.
Tips on Scoring the Best Deal on Black Friday
You could discover deals and discounts on your favorite iPads, whether it’s Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or just any other day. Use the following tips to stay up-to-date on these deals.
- Sign up for alerts: Retailers often have discounts when you sign up for their newsletter or give their members early access to sales. Set up an e-mail specifically for retailer alerts and sales, and check that inbox regularly.
- Shop early: Many retailers release Black Friday ad scans the weeks leading up to the big day, so you can keep an eye out on those deals and plan accordingly.
- Consider subscription bundles: Some retailers offer free subscriptions on Apple Music or Apple TV+, or other special bundle deals to help you save.
- Set up a deal alert: When you set a deal alert, you’ll get notified when a deal is live. That way, you won’t miss out on Apple deals, which can go fast.
Don’t Forget About Year-Round iPad Deals
Deals and discounts on current and previous-generation iPads take place throughout the year, so you have plenty of opportunities to score a new iPad at an affordable price. Apple stores don’t usually give big discounts, but some authorized retailers offer more discounts and subscription deals. In addition, you could also get fully functional, refurbished iPads for half their original prices, but just make sure that the retailers allow returns or refunds in case of function issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
The 2022 Apple iPad Air is a great option if you want a more powerful device than the 10.2-inch iPad and a more affordable unit than the iPad Pro. The iPad Air is already backed by the powerful M1 chip, but without the luxurious price tag that comes with the iPad Pro.
In 2021, in-store shopping during Black Friday saw a 28% drop compared to 2019. This could mean that people are opting to go online for their shopping spree, so online stocks of iPads and other devices might run out fast during Black Friday.
If you want a more portable and lightweight Apple device, getting an iPad Mini this Black Friday might be a good decision. The 2022 iPad Mini 7 might be introduced before Black Friday, so look out for big discounts on the iPad Mini 6 this year.
Apple typically participates in Black Friday, but they don’t usually offer big discounts compared to other tech stores. However, you could still visit authorized Apple retailers in-store or online to see their discount rates and deals on their iPads and other Apple devices.