As Black Friday draws closer, we’re already seeing a steady uptick in AirPods deals. To be fair, Apple just released the long-awaited AirPods Pro 2. Whenever Apple announces a new AirPods generation, a spike in discounted older models usually follows. There were no new updates for regular AirPods in 2022, which is also great news for those hoping to save on regular AirPods of any generation — the latest AirPods from 2021 are “current” without being new, while second-generation AirPods could hit record low prices after three years on the market.
Nowadays, it feels like Black Friday deals start popping up before the first leaf of autumn touches the ground. There are plenty of reasons to start shopping early, but remember: AirPods often hit all-time low prices right before the main event. Mark your calendars for Black Friday on November 25th, followed by Cyber Monday on November 28th.
AirPods Prices and Deals
- Apple AirPods with MagSafe Charging Case (Third Generation) — MSRP: $179 | Sale Price: TBA
The newest generation of classic AirPods features a subtle new design reminiscent of their Pro counterparts, namely the shorter stems and a sleeker, contoured design. Like the AirPods Pro, third-generation AirPods are outfitted with Adaptive EQ, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking and improved battery life.
- Apple AirPods with Lightning Charging Case (Third Generation) — MSRP: $169 | Sale Price: TBA
If you don’t plan on using MagSafe accessories, you may as well save $10 by purchasing AirPods with a Lightning Charging Case.
- Apple AirPods with Lightning Charging Case (Second Generation) — MSRP: $129 | Sale Price: TBA
Released in 2019, the second AirPods generation is still going strong as we head into the holidays. Apple reduced the original $159 price tag by $30 before Black Friday 2021. With new AirPods and AirPods Pro 2 available for purchase, this model could be a solid contender for the lowest AirPods price of Black Friday 2022.
Our 2022 AirPods Predictions
What is a Great Apple Airpods Black Friday Price? – Answer by Slickdeals
- Airpods – Around $80 or less.
- Airpods Pro – Around $160 or less.
- Airpods Max – Around $400.
The first round of Black Friday AirPods usually kicks off in late October. AirPods go on sale throughout the year, so don’t feel pressured to buy during Black Friday. However, it’s worth holding off on your AirPods purchase until every Black Friday ad is published.
Most AirPods models hit (or matched) their record lowest prices within a week of Black Friday 2021, so let’s hope for another smash hit like Amazon’s $89 deal on the AirPods 2 (originally $159 regular price, now reduced to $129). Expect low prices and availability, as AirPods 2 were discontinued by Apple following the third-generation AirPods release.
These trends should hold during this year’s Black Friday sale, especially considering AirPods’ status as a top-selling Cyber Weekend staple.
Tips on scoring the best AirPods deals
AirPods regularly go on sale, so it’s not a matter of finding a deal — you’re trying to score the best one. These Black Friday AirPods shopping tips are helpful year-round:
- Shop for previous-generation AirPods if you want the biggest discount. As long as Apple keeps cranking out new AirPods every couple of years, retailers will continue clearing shelf space by discounting the newly-obsolete version.
- Many major retailers sell renewed AirPods for a lower price. If you want rare discounts on newly released AirPods and sub-historic low prices on earlier releases, shop for a renewed pair instead. Plenty of retailers carry them, but Apple, Amazon and Best Buy are solid places to start looking.
- It’s worth waiting until the week of Black Friday, but don’t delay. Timing your AirPods purchase is tricky. AirPods prices bottom out right around Black Friday, but your earbuds of choice might sell out if you wait too long.
- Use Slickdeals to track and compare AirPods deals. Slickdeals is a treasure trove of user-generated Black Friday deals and discussions. It’s easy to make informed purchases when you’re familiar with AirPods’ price history. Of course, you can always set a Deal Alert — we’ll let you know whenever we see AirPods discounts you might like.
Frequently Asked Questions
AirPods go on sale all the time — AirPods reach all-time low prices on Black Friday, but they usually return to that price a few times per year. Apple wearables and earbuds are staples of Amazon deal events like Prime Day and Prime Early Access, which means competitive prices from big-box stores like Target and Walmart.
– Apple AirPods with MagSafe Charging Case (Third Generation) — Lowest Price Ever: TK $139.99
– Apple AirPods with Lightning Charging Case (Third Generation) — Lowest Price Ever: TK
– Apple AirPods with Lightning Charging Case (Second Generation) — Lowest Price Ever: TK $89
You probably won’t get any Black Friday discounts buying AirPods directly from Apple, but you might be able to score a promotional trade-in deal or Apple Store credit. Last year, you could get an Apple gift card (worth $50 to $75) with an eligible AirPods purchase during the Apple Shopping Event.
Meanwhile, these retailers reliably offer decent AirPods deals on Black Friday:
– Amazon — known for its historic low prices on AirPods
– Walmart — usually matches competitor prices
– Best Buy — exclusive bundle options and free Apple subscription add-ons
– B&H Photo Video — impressive variety of sales, bundles and payment options
Exact schedules vary between retailers, but the last few noteworthy AirPods promotions peaked during the week leading up to Black Friday and carried over through Cyber Monday. You might see an exclusive Cyber Monday doorbuster deal, but there isn’t much difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday in terms of savings.
If we see any jaw-dropping AirPods deals on Black Friday, prepare for limited stock on Cyber Monday. Sadly, the reason why retailers are opting for extended Black Friday sales isn’t a particularly festive one – they are accommodating for global shipping disruptions, dwindling consumer demand due to inflation and overwhelming consumer demand due to shortages.