If you need a fully-functional device without breaking the bank, buying a Chromebook might be a good fit. Chromebooks allow you to complete all your usual browsing at a more budget-friendly price. A Chromebook’s affordability is one of its selling points, and you can save even more when you buy one on Black Friday.
This year, Black Friday will be on Friday, November 25, 2022. But based on previous years, stores and online retailers will likely start their sale weeks before the official Black Friday date, so it’s better to be on the lookout as early as possible.
And if you end up missing out on the Chromebook Black Friday deals, you can still shop online during Cyber Monday, which will be on November 28, 2022. Online retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and B&H offer significant discounts on their products for Cyber Monday.
If you’re in the market for a new Chromebook for yourself or as a gift, keep reading to discover the best Chromebook deals and sales available this Black Friday.
Current Chromebook Deals & Sales
On Black Friday, Chromebook deals can be as high as 40% off, whether you shop in-store or through online retailers.
While Black Friday sales have not been announced yet, here are some current deals for reference:
- Lenovo IdeaPad Chromebook (64 GB Storage, 4GB RAM) – Sale Price: $109 | Reg. Price: $219.99
- This Chromebook operates on Celeron N3450 and is powered by 4GB of RAM. It also features an HD display and includes two USB-C ports, two USB-A ports, and a microSD card reader.
- Lenovo Flex 5i Chromebook (64GB Storage, 8GB RAM) – Sale Price: $375 | Reg. Price: $549.99
- With up to 10 hours of battery life, this Chromebook is powered by Intel Core i5 and 8GB of RAM. It also features a full-HD IPS display and narrow bezels to provide an excellent viewing experience. You can get this Lenovo Flex 5i Chromebook in abyss blue.
- HP Chromebook (32GB Storage, 4GB RAM) – Sale Price: $224.99 | Reg. Price: $269.99
- This 14-inch ceramic white Chromebook offers an HD micro-edge display and a dual-core Intel Celeron N4020 processor that provides powerful all-day performance. It also features HP’s Fast Charge technology and a battery life that lasts up to 13 hours.
- ASUS 2-in-1 Touch-Screen Chromebook (128GB SSD, 8GB RAM) – Sale Price: $369.99 | Reg. Price: $569.00
- Equipped with a 15.6-inch touch-screen display and full HD capabilities, this Chromebook runs on Intel Core i3 and gives you 128GB of SSD storage and 8GB of RAM. You can get this ASUS Chromebook in matte white.
- Samsung Chromebook (32GB SSD, 4GB RAM) – Sale Price: $119 | Reg. Price: $229
- Powered by Intel Celeron N4020, this Samsung Chromebook has 32GB of SSD storage and 4GB of RAM. It also offers a 12-hour battery life.
Our 2022 Chromebook Sale Predictions
Some high-end Chromebooks provide great value for their price, but you might find even more affordable Chromebooks in the market. When Google released the Chrome OS 100 this year, new Chromebooks such as the Acer Spin 713, Asus Chromebook Detachable CM3, Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2, and Lenovo C13 Yoga Chromebook also entered the market.
With newer Chromebooks up for grabs, prices of previous versions are likely to decrease towards the end of the year. The Google Pixelbook Go — once considered the best Chromebook in 2021 — might see a price markdown in 2022. The Dell Chromebook 3100 and Lenovo Chromebook Duet are also two older versions. However, they are still excellent Chromebooks that you can score at affordable price tags in 2022.
Tips on Scoring the Best Deal
Get ready for the best Black Friday deals by exploring ways to save even more money. Review Black Friday Chromebook deals from 2021 to get an idea of what’s to come this year, and check often for updated sales. Here are a few more tips to consider:
- Explore current sales: Don’t just wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to score the best Chromebook deals. Many tech brands now offer their own Chromebook versions, which go on sale randomly throughout the year.
- Following brands and retailers on social media: Sign up for newsletters or follow stores on IG and FB to help keep you updated on their sales and promo periods.
- Consider refurbished models: You might save more money on refurbished Chromebook units. Several online retailers offer a 90-day return or refund period on refurbished Chromebooks.
- Set up a deal alert: Creating a deal alert with Slickdeals lets you stay on top of the latest sale. Set up an alert for a product, brand or even retailer to get instantly notified when something you want is on sale.
There’s a Chromebook for Every Budget
Since Chromebooks vary in features and capabilities, you can find one that fits your budget — especially during Black Friday. Whether you want the extra-powerful Acer Spin 713 or a mid-range device like the Lenovo Flex 5, you will likely be able to find Black Friday deals on all types of Chromebooks this year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chromebooks can be a suitable alternative for a laptop if you typically use your browser to complete your tasks. However, you might not be able to install heavy-loading programs and software for your work or study on the Chrome operating system.
Chromebooks are powered by the Chrome operating system, while a regular laptop runs on either a Windows operating system or Apple’s macOS. Plus, Chromebooks utilize cloud storage more than local storage.
As with other electronics and tech products, many stores and online retailers offer Chromebook discounts during November’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. In addition, shopping during an Amazon Prime day might help you score some good Chromebook deals. While Amazon Prime Day typically falls in July or August, Amazon also announced that they will have another sale coming in the second week of October.
While Chromebooks are generally more affordable than regular laptops, many stores and retailers offer Chromebook discounts during Black Friday. Chromebooks become even more affordable on Black Friday, so this might be the best time to buy a new Chromebook.