Black Friday is right around the corner. This year, most major retailers have already kicked off massive promotions on the latest smartphones ahead of Black Friday, which is on November 25th. Since most sales have already been announced, right now is the best time to upgrade your great smartphone at a reduced price. Large retailers and mobile phone carriers are offering generous discounts, trade-in offers and buy-one-get-one (BOGO) deals on all this year’s hottest phones.
We’ve rounded up the best Samsung and Apple smartphone deals you can find this Black Friday holiday season.
Samsung Smartphone Black Friday Deals
For Black Friday, Samsung is offering up to $350 off instantly and up to $1000 of enhanced trade-in credit on select devices. Their newest lines of smartphones feature the biggest discounts so this is an excellent time to trade up to the latest and greatest. It doesn’t matter if you purchase unlocked or linked to a major carrier, the discounts are the same across the board. However, the network providers may be running other promotions to sweeten the deal so do your research!
- Samsung Galaxy S22 – Sale Price: $324.99 with eligible trade-in | Reg. Price: $799.99
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – Sale Price: $374.99 with eligible trade-in | Reg. Price: $1,199.99
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 – Sale Price: $309.99 with eligible trade-in | Reg. Price: $1,059.99
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 – Sale Price: $449.99 with eligible trade-in | Reg. Price: $1,799.99
During this holiday season, you can get a free phone and free gifts from Verizon’s Black Friday promotion. To take advantage of the deal, you just have to add a new line or upgrade an existing line on select 5G Unlimited plans and trade in an eligible device. Here’s a list of Samsung products you can get for free with the promotion:
- Samsung Galaxy ZFlip4 (128 GB)
- Samsung Galaxy GS22+ (128GB)
- Samsung Galaxy S22 (128 GB)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW
Once you choose your free phone, then you can pick some free gifts from Verizon too. In total, they are giving away three products with this deal: a smartwatch, tablet, and earbuds. This is one Black Friday deal that is hard to pass up. Don’t hesitate because the promotion is only available through 11/23/2022.
AT&T offers a few deals on Samsung smartphones for Black Friday. The first promotion is a pretty standard one that we’ve seen before with up to $800 off (monthly bill credits) with an eligible trade-in. As usual, you need to add or upgrade an existing line to an unlimited plan. Here are the Samsung phones with this deal:
- Samsung Galaxy S22 – Free (Reg. $799.99)
- Samsung Galaxy S22+ – $199.99 (Reg. $999.99)
- Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra – $399.99 (Reg. $1,199.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 – $199.99 (Reg. $999.99)
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 – $999.99 (Reg. $1,799.99)
The second promotion is a bit more enticing as it requires a little less effort. As long as you start or upgrade to an eligible unlimited plan, you can get some Samsung devices at discounted monthly installments as low as $2/month for 36 months. Devices eligible for this deal include:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G – $5.00/month (Reg. $25.00/mo)
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G – $2.00/month (Reg. $6.95/mo)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G – $5.00/month (Reg. $19.45/mo)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G – $10.00/month (Reg. $16.67/mo)
No matter which Samsung phone you decide to get, AT&T is also offering $100 off Samsung Galaxy Buds. Just add either the Buds2, Buds Live, or Buds2 Pro to your cart along with your phone and the discount will be automatically applied.
If you’re wanting to change carriers, T-Mobile is currently offering up to $1000 to pay off device balances to help you make the switch. You will need a qualifying device, credit, service, and port-in (Verizon, AT&T, Spectrum, Claro, Xfinity, Liberty, Boost, or US Cellular) to take advantage of the deal.
Besides this main headlining deal, you can get the following discounts on a number of Samsung’s latest devices:
- Up to $800 off with trade on Magenta MAX
- Up to $800 off with new line on Magenta MAX
- Get up to $400 off with trade
- Get up to $400 off with new line
Apple iPhone Black Friday Discounts
If you are still looking to get your hands on the iPhone 13, the best and easiest option is to go directly through your carrier’s website. At AT&T, you can save up to $800 on Apple’s latest smartphones. Similarly, T-Mobile’s offer gives customers free AirPods and a full year of Apple TV+ with the purchase of a new iPhone 13. If you’re a loyal Walmart shopper, the retailer is offering up to $750 in eGift Cards on select iPhones, which is just as good as a cash discount if you shop frequently at Walmart.
While Apple doesn’t discount often, they do offer some incentives for buying iPhones during Black Friday. From 11/25 to 11/28, you can get a $50 Apple Gift Card when you buy an eligible iPhone. If you are trading in, you can also receive credit of up to $650 for your next phone. And for holders of an Apple Card, don’t forget about the 3% back when you use it to purchase.
- iPhone 14 Pro – $349 with Eligible Trade-In + $50 Apple Gift Card
- iPhone 14 – $149 with Eligible Trade-In + $50 Apple Gift Card
- iPhone 13 – $49 with Eligible Trade-In + $50 Apple Gift Card
- iPhone SE – Free with Eligible Trade-In + $50 Apple Gift Card
- iPhone 12 – Free with Eligible Trade-In + $50 Apple Gift Card
Similar to the aforementioned Samsung deals, AT&T is also offering up to $800 off select iPhones with eligible trade-ins as well as discounted monthly installments with no trade-in required. You must add or upgrade an existing line to get the deal. Unfortunately, there isn’t an equivalent Samsung earbuds discount for AirPods.
Up to $800 Off with Eligible Trade-In
- iPhone 14 Pro Max – $299.99 or $8.34/mo (36 months)
- iPhone 14 Pro – $199.99 or $5.56/mo (36 months)
- iPhone 14 Plus – $99.99 or $2.78/mo (36 months)
- iPhone 14 – Free
Discounted Monthly Installments with No Trade-In Required
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – Starting at $20.00/month (Reg. $27.78/mo)
- iPhone 13 Pro – Starting at $15.00/month (Reg. $25.00/mo)
- iPhone 13 – Starting at $5.00/month (Reg. $20.28/mo)
- iPhone 12 mini – Starting at $1.00/month (Reg. $17.50/mo)
The deals are just a little sweeter for iPhone versus Samsung with higher discounts and BOGOs. You can get a great deal on many of Apple’s latest devices through one of the following incentives:
- Get up to $1000 off with trade on Magenta MAX
- Get up to $800 off with trade when you add a new line
- Get up to 50% off with trade
- BOGO $700 off
While Verizon doesn’t have a whole bunch of freebies like the Samsung deal, you can still get iPhones at a hefty discount. Many of the latest devices are free when you trade in an eligible device. Plus, Verizon will give you a $200 gift card for switching. Here are all the deals available for select iPhone purchases:
- Get up to $1000 off when you trade in (new line required)
- Get up to $800 off when you trade in (new line required)
- Buy one, get another $800 off (new line required)
- Buy the 5G Apple iPhone device and get $120 off a Apple Watch 8, Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch SE (2022). New line for Apple Watch required.
- Apple Music included in 5G Get More or get 6 months of Apple Music free with select 5G Unlimited plans
Discounted Monthly Installments with New Line
- iPhone 13 – Starting at $5.00/month (Reg. $19.44/mo)
- iPhone 13 Pro – Starting at $5.00/month (Reg. $24.99/mo)
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – Starting at $10.00/month (Reg. $30.55/mo)
- iPhone 13 mini – Free
- iPhone 12 – Free
- iPhone 12 mini – Free
- iPhone SE (3rd Gen) – Free
Great Deals on Older Smartphone Lines
If you don’t need the latest and greatest, Walmart and Target have some noteworthy deals on older smartphone models:
Save 50% with activation & purchase on installment plans of Apple and Samsung phones through Straight Talk or Total Wireless.
- iPhone XR 64GB — Sale Price: $249 | Reg. Price: $299 (Starts Nov. 22)
- iPhone 12 Mini 64GB — Sale Price: $299 | Reg. Price: $499 (Starts Nov. 22)
- Samsung Galaxy GS20 FE 128GB — Sale Price: $249 | Reg. Price: $699 (Starts Nov. 22)
- SAMSUNG Unlocked Galaxy S9 64GB — Sale Price: $199.72 | Reg. Price: $799.99
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB Unlocked — Sale Price: $159.99 | Reg. Price: $359.99
Target is offering enticing gift card deals with in-store activation of a new iPhone, along with up to $250 off an iPhone with a new line, or up to $50 when you upgrade.
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation) on Tracfone — Sale Price: $289.99 + $140 Gift Card | Reg. Price: $289.99
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation) on Total Wireless or Simple Mobile — Sale Price: $249.99 + $100 Gift Card | Reg. Price: $249.99
Do iPhones and Samsung Galaxy Phones Go On Sale for Black Friday?
While Apple rarely offers Black Friday discounts, you can count on major phone carriers such as AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile to offer incredible discounts on iPhones during Black Friday sales. To qualify for iPhone discounts, you usually need a qualifying trade-in device and/or enroll in one of their mobile plans.
Samsung phones are also popular during Black Friday because we often see big discounts from phone carriers as well as from Samsung’s website. You can expect to see sales for older models like the Samsung Galaxy S20 as well as newer models like the Samsung S21 or the Galaxy Z Flip and Fold phones.
When Do Black Friday Smartphone Deals Start?
You can start shopping for smartphone deals now from major retailers and mobile carriers. Some deals may only be available closer to Black Friday, so keep your eyes out and mark your calendars if you see a deal you are excited about.
Where Can I Find the Best Smartphone Deals on Black Friday?
The biggest discounts will often come from slightly older smartphone models, as retailers want to get rid of older inventory to make room for newer models. However, we may still see some recent model phones on sales, too. Your best bet at finding amazing deals will be from phone carriers like AT&T and Verizon, who have historically offered the phone for “free” if you sign up for a plan and/or include a trade-in device. Of course, you can also find great sales on unlocked phones from major retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart.
Get Updates on the Latest Black Friday Smartphone Deals
Whatever smartphone you’re looking for this season, we recommend installing our browser extension and setting up a Deal Alert to make sure you are getting the best deal out there.