Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 5 minutes
As the Nintendo Switch enters its sixth Black Friday season, it’s clear that Nintendo’s beloved portable handheld remains in high demand. Supply remains tight for competing consoles like the Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5, but all three Nintendo Switch models should be available for purchase this Black Friday.
As we get closer to November 25th (and Cyber Monday on November 28th), expect to see new Switch bundle offers as well as historic low prices on Switch games, Joy-Cons, third-party accessories and other accessory deals.
Don’t hold your breath for a major Black Friday Switch console discount. It could happen; prices drop a little more with each passing year, but Nintendo is notorious for scant deal offerings during Black Friday — it’s been five years and we have yet to see a new standalone Switch console sell for less than $250!
What to Expect this Black Friday – Answer by Slickdeals
The Nintendo Switch game console will not likely get price drops, but shoppers can score a $25-$50 Gift Card and/or a game of choice, and discounts on type bundles.
Nintendo Switch Deals & Sales
- Nintendo Switch — MSRP: $299.99
The original Nintendo Switch features an intuitive docking system and clever snap-in Joy-Con controllers, allowing for a seamless transition between console and handheld gameplay.
- Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) — MSRP: $349.99
Released weeks before Black Friday 2021, the glossy OLED model is the newest addition to the Nintendo Switch line. Aside from premium features like a seven-inch OLED touch screen and doubled (64GB) internal storage, looks and feels very similar to the original 2017 Nintendo Switch.
- Nintendo Switch Lite— MSRP: $199.99
The handheld Nintendo Switch Lite offers the same Switch experience as its versatile (and pricier) counterparts, minus the Joy-Cons, dock and HDMI connection required for TV Mode.
Warioware MetroDread Game Bundle Deal for Nintendo Switch!
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Set — MSRP: $79.99
Each Nintendo Switch console (aside from the Switch Lite) comes with two Joy-Cons attached, but it never hurts to have a few extras — many multiplayer games support up to eight players!
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller — MSRP: $69.99
Joy-Cons are novel, but some prefer gaming with a standard-issue “controller-shaped controller” like the Pro Controller.
Our 2022 Nintendo Switch Predictions
Recent rumors suggest that Nintendo might have a Switch update or even a brand new console in the works. We won’t base any predictions on these unsubstantiated claims, but it begs the question — will the Nintendo Switch retire before we see any actual Black Friday price cuts on Switch consoles?
Our hope is cautious and tentative, but 2022 might be the year we get a genuinely good Black Friday Switch deal. The regular Switch console returned to its long-standing lowest price last Black Friday and again earlier this year ($259, both at Amazon). Stock issues plaguing the OLED Model’s release have mostly resolved, suggesting slightly better discounts than the $20 markdown we saw last year.
As we get closer to Black Friday, expect a wide variety of bundle deals from most major retailers, especially Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Newegg and GameStop. Best Buy offered arguably the best Switch Black Friday deal of 2021: a $299.99 bundle packed with one Switch console, a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and a three-month subscription to Nintendo Switch Online. The same combination would have cost $370 purchased separately and at full price, so this is the deal to beat this Black Friday.
Tips on scoring the best Nintendo Switch deals
Scoring Black Friday Nintendo Switch savings is easy — all you need is patience plus a bit of advance research!
- Save $40 on a refurbished Nintendo Switch console. The Nintendo Store’s refurbished Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite page is not well advertised, but it has always been the most reliable (and often only) source for discounted Switch consoles.
- If you’re hoping to nab a popular Switch bundle deal, check often and move quickly. Nintendo always publishes a thorough rundown of its holiday sales before Black Friday, but other retailers aren’t as keen on giving advance notice. Good Switch bundles sell quickly, so don’t wait around if you manage to spot a good one.
- Know what a good Switch deal looks like before Black Friday begins. After hearing so much press about console shortages, the thrill of finding a deal might block your chance at scoring a better one. Plan ahead – you can always use Slickdeals as a resource for cross-referencing past Nintendo deals and historic low prices.
- Keep shopping after Cyber Monday Switch deals end. Nintendo Switch deals don’t end with Cyber Weekend, especially if you’re shopping for games. December sales come and go quickly and quietly, so it’s worth setting a Deal Alert for a specific title if you’re willing to wait for a lower price.
Do Nintendo Switch consoles go on sale?
Simply put, yes and no. Short-lived $10 to $20 price cuts from third-party retailers have become more common over the years, but standalone Switch consoles are still long overdue for an actual “sale.”
To be fair, the original Switch console briefly dropped to an all-time low price of $260 this past May. Rumors suggested that Nintendo permanently reduced the console’s price as it had done in Europe back in 2021, but the console still retails for around $300.
Black Friday Switch console bundles are the most reliable way on a new Nintendo Switch console, as most retailers offer at least one – even Nintendo! The deal value of a Switch bundle is rather subjective, so you are the judge of whether or not a bundle is a good deal. Before purchasing, ask yourself: Do I need all of these items? How much would this cost if I purchased each item separately? Will I find a better deal somewhere else?
What is a good Black Friday Nintendo Switch deal?
Nintendo Switch games and third-party hardware fluctuate in price and go on sale fairly often, so it’s harder to gauge the difference between a deal and a good deal. Don’t forget, you can always use Slickdeals to compare past deals and make sure you’re getting the best price.
Meanwhile, first-party hardware and Switch consoles rarely go on sale. It’s not exactly encouraging, but it’ll be easy to remember these all-time low prices while you browse Black Friday Switch deals:
- Nintendo Switch — Lowest Price Ever: TK $259
- Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) — Lowest Price Ever: TK $349
- Nintendo Switch Lite— Lowest Price Ever: TK $185
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Set — Lowest Price Ever: TK $59.99
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller — Lowest Price Ever: TK $49
Where will the best Black Friday Nintendo Switch deals be?
Nintendo Switch was the most searched product of November 2021. If a retailer sells Nintendo Switch products, you’ll probably see them on sale this Black Friday. You can start with these:
- Amazon — diverse array of Switch bundles and enticing accessory deals
- Best Buy — open-box refurbished Switch stock is frequently updated
- Walmart — likely to price-match competitor offers
- GameStop — deep discounts on older models and third-party peripherals
Where can you find the best Cyber Monday Nintendo Switch deals?
If the Nintendo Switch runs into any stock issues, it will likely happen during this year’s Black Friday rush. Switch Cyber Monday deals skew heavily towards games (especially digital downloads), Nintendo Online memberships and other software-centric products.
Last year, Nintendo hosted a special Cyber Deals event that began right after Black Friday and ran through the following Tuesday. Amazon is known to match Nintendo’s big sales, while also offering a few game deals of its own.