Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 4 minutes
The 2022 version of the MacBook Air offers two iterations — one with the old M1 chip and the other powered by the new M2 chip. Once viewed as Apple’s budget device on the midfield line of laptops, the new MacBook Air has now amped up its features and capabilities.
However, Apple also introduced a price increase to its new MacBook Air offering. You can still purchase the MacBook Air M1 for $999, but the one with the new M2 chip sports a $1,199 price tag. The good thing is that Black Friday is just around the corner, and you can discover more affordable deals on the MacBook Air.
Black Friday will happen on November 25, 2022, with sales and discounts expected to extend until Cyber Monday date on November 28. While Apple stores do participate during Black Friday, but you can expect bigger discounts from Apple’s authorized retailers like Costco, Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, Target, and Walmart.
Keep reading to discover some of the MacBook Air Black Friday 2022 deals you can expect in November.
MacBook Air Deals & Sales
While MacBook Air Black Friday sales have not been announced yet, here are some current deals for reference:
- 13-inch MacBook Air M1 (256GB SSD, 8GB RAM) – Sale Price: $949 | Reg. Price: $999
- This MacBook Air unit offers a 13.3-inch retina display powered by 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD storage. It also features a backlit keyboard, Touch ID, and a FaceTime HD camera. You can get this MacBook Air in gold, silver, or space gray.
- Renewed 13-inch MacBook Air M1 (256GB SSD, 8GB RAM) – Sale Price: $799 | Reg. Price: $949
- This fully equipped refurbished gold MacBook Air is in excellent condition. It’s also protected by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee for 90 days, so you can replace or refund the unit if you encounter functional issues.
- 13.6-inch MacBook Air M2 (512GB SSD, 8GB RAM) – Sale Price: $1,399 | Reg. Price: $1,499
- Equipped with Apple’s latest M2 10-core chip and 512GB of SSD storage, this MacBook Air features a 13.6-inch display and 8GB of RAM. It’s available in starlight, midnight, space gray, or silver.
Our 2022 MacBook Air Predictions
Authorized Apple retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy are likely to offer up to 10% or 20% off of their MacBook Air products. Since Apple has already introduced the newer M2 chip on both of its MacBook devices, you can expect larger discounts on MacBook Air M1 Black Friday deals.
In addition, most online retailers still offer previous iterations of the MacBook Air and refurbished models. Durability is one major asset of the MacBook Air, so even its versions from past years can still perform at a high level. You can look for sales on these products during Black Friday 2022.
Tips on Scoring the Best Deal
As you watch for Black Friday deals, keep your eye out for these additional savings opportunities.
- Look for bundles: When shopping for a new MacBook Air at an Apple store or an authorized retailer, inquire about the free accessories and bundles they offer. This can provide a lot of value even if the discounts are minimal.
- Make sure you get an AppleCare plan: Most MacBook users get an AppleCare insurance plan. MacBooks typically come with a 90-day warranty, but you still need to have your device protected after that period. If you get a free AppleCare plan to go along with your MacBook Air, that would be a great deal.
- See if you qualify for education prices: Apple provides education pricing on their devices. This unique pricing features discounts on selected Apple devices and is available to students and their parents, as well as teachers and school staff.
- Set up a deal alert: When you create a deal alert, you’ll get notified when something goes on sale. You can set an alert for a specific product, retailer, or brand.
Look for Big Discounts on Previous Models
While it’s true you can find discounts on the 2022 MacBook Air during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, you can also expect big price markdowns on previous MacBook Air versions, including the 2020 and 2021 iterations. The 2022 MacBook Air’s new M2 chip and redesigned hardware is a big step forward for Apple, which means that the device’s predecessors could see a massive drop in their prices.
You can also find discounts on other Apple products and accessories. Slickdeals offers special coupons and deals on your favorite Apple products, so you might want to check them out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon, and B&H often have Black Friday deals on MacBooks. Don’t count out Apple stores, as they also participate in Black Friday and offer special discounts on their products.
You can get very affordable deals on the MacBook Air M1 during Black Friday. The MacBook Air M1 model is a powerful device built for all kinds of tasks, a versatile machine that offers high value and durability.
Apple stores typically offer special discounts and deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which occur in November. Several major retailers also have sales this month, so November might be the best time to buy a MacBook.
MacBook Air is one of the devices covered by Apple’s education pricing. This means you can get a student discount of about 10% when you purchase a new MacBook Air.